Director, Data Science
STRIVR is using immersive technologies like Virtual Reality (VR) to redefine the way people learn and train for everyday moments in their jobs. Our vision is to empower people to perform at their best by combining real-world experience with cutting-edge technology. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make a big impact!
Born out of Stanford University and its world renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, STRIVR aims to improve human performance and is used by Fortune 500 companies and elite sports teams worldwide. We have empowered over 200,000 individuals (and counting) to improve with VR since our launch in 2015. The STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years, data scientists, instructional designers, and former pro athletes. As a culture, we are scrappy, smart and fearless.
At STRIVR, our Data team focuses on leveraging data to deliver insights driven outcomes for our customers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build data science capabilities from the ground up along with fostering a data-driven culture within STRIVR. You also have a proven ability to build and mentor a talented data analytics team. We’re looking for a data science leader to drive vision and strategy for all aspects of data, including long term infra investments. But you’re also willing to roll up your sleeves with an expertise in implementing both back-end and front-end data and analytics tools (RDMBSs, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Tableau, D3 - just to name a few).
- Develop and scale STRIVR’s Data Science organization and practice with the implementation of tools and processes that support and advance the work of the team.
- Mentor and guide Data Science team members (managers and individual contributors) to develop their careers, matching them to projects that balance their professional growth aspirations with the company’s needs.
- Lead a team of data scientists to explore & process data from disparate sources to generate actionable insights and evaluate tools & cutting-edge AI/ML/DL techniques to build predictive modeling solutions that improve business outcomes. Focus on Data-driven immersive adaptive learning to transform the way we create and deliver learning experiences.
- Partner with business and product leaders to define Data Science contributions to product development.
- Translate results, business value and insights to stakeholders in plain, business-centric language with easy-to-understand visualization to set expectations and drive adoption
- Build end-to-end data pipeline solutions and whenever appropriate, partner with data engineers to validate and deploy solutions in an efficient, sustainable and usable manner
- Master’s degree in a related field (Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or other quantitative fields)
- 7+ years work experience in data science (data engineering, statistics, machine learning) with increasing levels of responsibility
- 3+ years leading a data science team (data engineers, analysts, & scientists)
- Expert understanding of statistical analysis, model development, and data science techniques
- Familiarity with data visualizations and usage of visualizations to articulate findings
- Ph.D in a related field preferred
- Working experience in smaller organizations and/or start-ups strongly desired
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!