At the intersection of technology, science, business and sports, STRIVR offers an end-to-end, VR-based immersive learning platform that changes the way people around the world train, learn and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive experience, we are redefining an industry in real time and shaping the future of learning.
STRIVR was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as our proving ground. Since then, we have quickly expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 500 companies including Walmart, Verizon and Fidelity to innovate and elevate employee development.
More than just content inside a headset, immersive learning provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by L&D experts, instructional designers, data scientists, and immersive content specialists. STRIVR offers the only end-to-end solution available today, bringing together the software, hardware, content and services needed to deliver effective training at scale.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, we take pride in our passion for innovation and we use that energy to fuel our work. Our culture thrives on teamwork, grit, transparency and impact, and celebrates every win. It’s an exciting time to join our fast growing team!
STRIVR creates impactful, engaging, and intuitive training experiences in Virtual Reality. As a Product Designer, you will work closely with the design, product and engineering teams to create products that delight our customers. Your work will focus on utilizing design best practices and user insights to deliver the best user experience for the user. The scope of the features on which you will work includes breaking down user stories into design tasks, creating design solutions at different levels of fidelity that include interaction, visual and motion design, and working closely with product managers in prioritizing work based on user value.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product teams to create intuitive designs for our users
- Collaborate with user researchers and prototypers to vet designs, test, and drive designs based on user feedback
- Collaborate with Engineering to streamline the design to engineering pipeline
- Produce optimized assets that adhere to style guides and technical requirements
- Design high-quality 2D experiences in multiple levels of fidelity
- Write documentation as well as specification sheets for the proposed design solutions
- Work closely with the Head of Design to implement their standard of usability and enjoyability in the finalized designs
- Maintain an understanding of various and emerging VR platforms
- 3+ years as a product designer or similar role
- Experience working in agile environments
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience in VR / AR is a big plus
- General understanding of versioning software (GIT, Abstract or similar)
- Experience building and using design systems
- Proficiency in Unity UI is a plus
- Motion design is a plus