Senior Software Engineer - Application Developer (VR)
At the intersection of technology, science, business and sports, STRIVR offers an end-to-end, VR-based immersive learning platform that changes the way people around the world train, learn and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive experience, we are redefining an industry in real time and shaping the future of learning.
STRIVR was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as our proving ground. Since then, we have quickly expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 500 companies including Walmart, Verizon and Fidelity to innovate and elevate employee development.
More than just content inside a headset, immersive learning provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by L&D experts, instructional designers, data scientists, and immersive content specialists. STRIVR offers the only end-to-end solution available today, bringing together the software, hardware, content and services needed to deliver effective training at scale.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, we take pride in our passion for innovation and we use that energy to fuel our work. Our culture thrives on teamwork, grit, transparency and impact, and celebrates every win. It’s an exciting time to join our fast growing team!
STRIVR is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and implement features for a Windows desktop application that is used to create immersive VR experiences. The ideal candidate has experience with building Windows or Mobile applications and engineering systems. This role provides an opportunity to shape how employees at companies of all sizes get trained using our products. Software Engineers at STRIVR play a vital role in the success of a fast-growing company and must be willing and able to adapt to daily challenges.
- Architect, design, and implement software components, products, and systems that create immersive experiences
- Architect, design, and implement the features to satisfy functional, compliance, and non-functional requirements (security, performance, etc.)
- Collaborate and support engineers, designers and artists to create high quality visual experiences with efficient production workflows
- Design and implement in-app instrumentation and telemetry
- Identify, debug and fix defects in production code, test code, and the infrastructure. Derive systemic problematic patterns and address them
- Be a visible technical leader. Mentor and coach other engineers on the team
- Get to shape how employees at companies of all sizes get trained using our products
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building Windows or Mobile applications (enterprise applications is a big plus)
- 2+ years of development and testing experience with Game Engines (Unity or Unreal) is prefered
- Proficiency in Java, C#, or C++
- Experience with unit testing, mocking and dependency injection frameworks
- Solid understanding of engineering systems (Git, builds, work-item tracking, etc.)
- Knowledge of architectural patterns (MVVM, MVC, etc.) is a big plus
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams
- Passion for clean code and software quality, combined with agile delivery
- Ability to employ a structured approach to solving technical problems. Ability to apply CS concepts, data-structures and algorithms to solve hard programming problems
- Bachelors in Computer Science (CS) or equivalent field